We offer the following services to our clients:
- Complete FREE Hearing assessment for ADULTS 18 plus
- Hearing tests for children 5 to 18 (Fees apply)
- Counselling, selection and adaptation of hearing aids tailored to your lifestyle and budget
- Free in-office DEMO WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES IN HEARING AIDS, because we understand how difficult it can be to make a decision in using hearing aids
- We offer custom molds and ear plugs (musician plugs, industrial noise plugs, sleep plugs, swim plugs and more)
- Ear mold impressions
- Hearing aid adjustments, cleaning and repairs.
- Industrial hearing tests
- Home visits
- FM systems
- Assistive Listening Devices (amplified telephones, pocket talkers)
- Hearing aid accessories from different manufacturers (remotes, Bluetooth, remote mics, etc)
- Hearing aid care products (Hearing aid dryers, battery testers, tubes, wax guards and more)
- Hearing aid batteries
We also offer services and assistance through the following programs:
The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Assistive Devices Program)
The Ministry of Community and Social Services (Ontario Works)
Ontario Disability Support Program
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
COMPLETE HEARING ASSESSMENT (an explanation):
AUDIOMETRY: The audiometry test evaluates different frequencies at different intensities allowing us to know if there is normal hearing or if the person has some kind of hearing loss.
SPEECH DISCRIMINATION TEST: Evaluates how much the person can understand speech from what he or she hears. This is a very important part of the hearing evaluation, because it allows us to predict how successful could be the amplification with hearing aids in case that there is a hearing impairment.
IMPEDANCIOMETRY: This test evaluates the middle ear function. It is important to know if there is any problem in the middle ear like fluid or an ear drum perforation for instance.
Other tests that can be taken by request:
TINNITUS MATCHING: Tinnitus is a condition that can be present in people with or without hearing loss. The evaluation consists in finding the closest frequency that matches the ringing or the noise that the person hears.
This evaluation is useful to find a tinnitus masker that can help with the treatment of the tinnitus.
SERVICES FOR HEARING AIDS
At ART OF HEARING we understand the importance of your hearing aids in your daily life. That is why we consider that you can get as much as possible from your hearing aids. If they aren’t working properly or they don’t meet your needs, come and visit us for the following services:
We repair and maintain most types of hearing aids.
We do adjustments or fine tuning in the hearing aids. Many times you don’t need new ones, just with a thorough maintenance and fine tuning they will sound as good as can be again.